Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Arms 1: good not great

Today was a good day, but not great. Still experimenting with different movements in different combinations. It went alright, didn't feel the mind-muscle connections as well as I'd like, but I still got a pretty decent pump.

Started with a light run for 8 mins at 5.5, then went to the weights

Started with biceps. Grabbed the easy curl bar and started doing sets on the 2 minutes - 15 with the bar, then 12 with 5's, 10 with 10's, 8 with both, then back down. Got an okay pump, but not great.

Started doing the exact same with skullcrushers, only it didn't feel heavy enough, so I did 3 tough sets of 12 at the heaviest weight instead of doing 8 then dropping back down. Got a solid pump from this - I should have done this with curls too I think.

Next, supesetted some heavier curls - used the 32.5 dumbells and did one arm at a time - and lying triceps extensions with that same weight. Again, for whatever reason I wasn't quite squeezing right with my biceps, didn't get a great pump. However, definitely got a really good triceps pump from the heavier weight, less reps.

Finally, ended with 3 x max single-arm preacher curls with 20 lb, with some forced reps on the last set.

Still couldn't really feel as much squeezing as I would have liked. Pump was okay, but not great. Maybe I just need to go heavier, for less reps overall. I think maybe the problem is that the weight isn't heavy enough to feel my bicep working, and then the muscle gets fatigued too fast so it feels jelly-like and not good and pumped. Maybe by upping the weight I will be able to squeeze harder from the beginning, and I will come up to failure before my muscle gets so tired that the rep quality is shitty.

Anyways, still a solid day. Not great, I want to leave the gym after arms day feeling like I really hammered my muscles and looking huge from the absurd pump I got, and today was definitely a little softer than ideal. However, I'm still working out the kinks, so no worries. Lets just keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment