Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pretty shitty workout

Today was really bad. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, after literally not sleeping at all tuesday and being totally out of whack, but I was still hopeful it might be good, cause of the tons of recovery catch-up I was doing. Still, recovery isn't easy these days, so I need to cut myself a little slack.


Started with squatting. Goal was to go up to 315 for 5 easy and fast sets of 2 today. Worked up as I am planning to when I max out - 155 x 10, 6, 225 x 8, 275 x 4, then up to 315 x 2. Form was mediocre at best haha. Kept getting caught forward, and my speed down/rebound out of the bottom was shit. I was really tight and my calves/shins were aching, and it blew. Still, I got the 315 x 5 x 2 without much trouble. Not easy, but not bad.

Next, front squats. Plan was to max out (if it was a good day). So, I did work up heavy. Hit 215 x 3, 245 x 2, then 275 x 1 with the belt. Wanted to go 295 x 1 then 315 x 1, but when I hit 295 it was like a 7 second rep, absolutely a 10 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. Shows me that it really was just a rough day, because just last week I was feeling confident I could smash 315. My form was just not on point, I was not fast into or out of the bottom, and just not very strong either. All around rough day.


Deadlifts were probably the best part of the workout. Hit a weight on the 3 minutes - 155 x 3, 245 x 2, 315 x 1, and 365 x 1, all fast, smooth and solid. Then went to 415, and it just was heavy and hard. First rep was pretty smooth and nice. Second was REALLY hard, I was just a little far out in front, and it was pure spine and hate that let me lock out that rep. I decided to only try for one more... ended up getting it, definitely easier than the second rep. But I called it there. Not ideal, I wanted to hit 5 singles, but I was not having a great day.


Overall, pretty crappy day. Not the worst I've ever had, that's for sure, but it just would have been nice to have a better, confidence building day for my last leg workout. But here's the thing: there are good reasons for today sucking. After tomorrow, I just need to focus up on resting a ton this weekend, eating a ton, then going through some nice movements on monday and tuesday so that, when wednesday rolls around, I am not only fully rested and recovered, but my body is mobile and feeling great so that I can be fast with my lifts and feel good. I'm gonna do great in this mock meet, I just need to give recovery/preparation my all, and I will kick ass. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment