Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Arms 1

Took it really easy today. Overtraining is setting in hard with the stress of finals and the fact that I am in the last weeks of my 9 week cycle. That, plus this little bicep injury, are total bummer mentally, so I decided to just try and use today as a recovery day, take it easy on my body to try and prepare it for tomorrow (which is probably the hardest workout I have left), And feel out the bicep. Good news: Finals are officially done! Hopefully now I can start recovering better and feeling alright. The move home and change of schedule/pace might wreak some havoc as well. Either way, just gotta keep the chin up and keep at it.

Dear god... this picture is too many things to put into words. 
Started with a nice warmup, then a good walk instead of running. Got on the treadmill and just started walking at a moderate pace. Over the course of a half hour I bumped the pace up maybe a half a mile an hour, and added an incline, then went back down. Nothing hard, just something to try and get my blood flowing and help reverse all the fucking sitting I have been doing.

Next, went downstairs and did some light stretching. Sat in the bottom of a squat and banged out a few air squats to try and get my knees feeling okay (didn't really work haha). Did some light stretches for my glutes and hamstrings and ankles. Nothing crazy, just trying my best to get my legs prepared so it won't be such a struggle to make squats feel okay tomorrow.

Finally, did some really light high-rep arm stuff. Basically, grabbed an easy curl bar and did 3 x (3 x 10 curls, 10 skullcrushers), with 2 minutes rest between macro-rounds and no rest between micro-rounds. At first, bicep felt a little weird, but as I warmed up and went though the sets it started feeling BETTER, not worse, which is a good sign. Got a decent pump, without any real problems. I feel good about that. Ideally, I would like to go a little heavier than this, but it was good to show myself that I can still get a nice pump with limited weight, limited range of motion, and just focusing on squeezing and keeping rest down. I will probably try and keep the arms work like this until the bicep is feeling much better.

I gotta get me a tank top like that... and some fucking HGH to look like these two. 

So overall, took it pretty easy today. Just trying to do what I can to get the body healing, and leave it at that. It's not ideal, but I only have a little bit left and I want to stay healthy for this mock meet. Might skip saturday training altogether to give myself more recovery time, or, might just do another something like today, I'm not sure. Either way, lets hope tomorrow goes well, and lets keep at it... two weeks to maxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment