Thursday, May 9, 2013

Strong Day: Squat 355 x 4

Today was the first really good workout I have had in like a week haha. Everything went really well. It took a lot though - taking it really easy yesterday, laying around all day, eating as much as I could stomach, and sleeping like 10+ hours to feel okay haha. But hey, glad I made it through this last truly tough workout. It's a nice mental break from the slew of rough workouts.


Started with squats. Warmed up really well, then hit the bar x 10, 125 x 10, 6, and 205 x 9. Actually felt pretty good, so I went straight to 285 and hit it for 4. Felt a little bit heavy (probably cause of the bigger jump), but form was solid and I was fast out of the bottom which was good. Went up to 325 and hit hit for a fast and easy single, then loaded up 355. Hit it with focus and tenacity. Rep 1 was great. Rep two was a little bit off, I felt a knee caving a tiny bit which tells me I was a little off, but it still moved fast and easy. Rep 3 was fast down and I got a great bounce out of the bottom, but was maybe not QUITE as tight as I could have been... and rep 4 was pretty much the same, a little tighter and a little slower/harder. Definitely a great tough set of 4. Very happy with that, it's a PR and one that is coming at a VERY tough time for rep PR's.

Next, dropped back to 205 for front squats. Hit it for a double, then 230 for a double. I was definitely a little creaky and not feeling great, but I focused up and loaded the 260. Hit it for the 3 sets of 2 with about 2 and a half minutes rest, as usual. Definitely wasn't cake. Upper back was definitely giving a bit, elbows dropping, and therefore I was a bit more forward than ideal. But hey... it's after a big squat PR, there was NO chance of me missing any of the reps, with very limited rest, and that is some seriously heavy front squat PR sets. I'm very excited to max this out next week.

Finally, deadlifts were tougher than I would have liked, but still very good. Did my earlier sets from a deficit, thinking maybe it would make the later sets easier, but I didn't really like it. I need the earlier sets to practice my precise and vicious setup. Anyways, pulled 245 x 3, 315 x 2, then 365 x 1 and finally 415 x 4 x 1 on the 3 minutes. Reps were tough. First one was slow, second 3 were better because I did a better job being fast in the setup/pull. But even though they weren't easy, I got them, and that's after a very tough workout. Plus, the bicep was fine, so that's good.

So overall a kick ass workout! Need to be prepared that tomorrow might be tough, but I will do my best  to keep everything healing and keep my mind straight even if tomorrow is rough. Can't wait to max my front squat, and then rest up and SMASH some PR's in two weeks time! Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment