Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bench 215 x 4

Had a great day today!

Oh my lord what a huge man.

Started with a nice long warmup. Surprisingly, my back (and lower back especially) actually felt great haha. Just goes to show I guess I'm not in imminent danger due to my deadlifting. Anyways, got nice and warm, and started lifting. I was feeling strong and moving fast today. Wanted to hit slightly higher reps today, so decided to work up to a heavy 4. Hit the bar for a slew, then 95 for like 15, 135 x 10, 165 x 6, 185 x 4, which felt solid but a little slow. Then, loaded up 200. Hit that for a nice 4, then 205 x 4, then 210 x 4, and FINALLY loaded up 215 and hit THAT for 4! Pretty happy with that. Just a few weeks ago, when working up to a heavy single, 215 was the heaviest single I could get. Then, got it for 3 a couple weeks ago, and now doing even better. I'm really happy with that set of 4, as well as all the volume working up to it.

Next, dropped back to 165 and did some close grip, feet-up benching and again surprised myself! I thought to myself that I might try and hit it for 3 sets of 10, although I kind of thought it wasn't very likely. However, I hit the first set and 10 was so solid that I hit an 11 and 12th rep! Really awesome. Next set I could only get 10, and the set after only 8, but still very happy with that! Finally, dropped back to 135 and hit it for a set of 15. Last rep was horrible haha, but hey I got it.


Finally, I loaded up my cable row with 100 lbs and hit it for 5 hard sets. Kept the rest low and the reps high, every set was between 15-25 reps. Really got a nice bicep pump and upper back/trap pump.

So, awesome day! Kept it simple with just a couple movements, but worked my ass off, got a great pump, moved some heavy weights, and had a great time. Think I'm gonna do some pullups tomorrow to add is some vertical pulling, and maybe more chest flies friday! Haha maybe they are part of the secret. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment