Thursday, July 25, 2013

Squat 315 x (10 x 1)

Today was a fun, productive day. My one complaint is that the things I did took a while, so I didn't do as many exercises/as much work as I might have wanted. But hey, what I did was quality work, and with the play coming to an end I don't really need to be pushing my limits these next couple workouts. 

First of all, last night I decided to take a sleep supplement that I got when I was at the europa. It was fucking awesome. I slept like 11 straight hours, and felt great when I woke up. I am thinking about buying a larger quantity, just for nights when I feel like I need a good night's sleep. 


So today, started warming up and felt great. Started off my squat session with a real focus on form - not rushing into the bottom, but really thinking about pulling into the hole with perfect form, and letting the rest take care of itself. Hit the bar x 10, 135 x 5, 185 x 4, 225 x 3, 275 x 2. All those sets felt awesome. It was great to not care too much about EVERY rep feeling awesome, blah blah blah. I just made every rep as perfect as I could, keeping the load off my back and on my quads, and felt great. My first single at 315 was really the only ugly rep I hit today. It wasn't even too bad, just a bit too forward so that I loaded up my back. But I moved it fine, as I did the next 4 reps. Basically, I kept the first 5 reps calm and smooth. Then, for the second 5, I practiced psyching myself up, but then pulling it back just enough to maintain perfect form. It went really well! this is a skill I have never really had, but today I was really able to get amped up while controlling form and not letting it go to shit. Those second 5 reps were DEFINITELY faster and smoother than the first 5, and form stayed really nice too. On the final 2 reps, I belted up. I think I need to utilize my belt a little bit more in training, both for practice, and because it will allow me to move more weight, faster, with better form, which is going to help me improve. Just can't over use it! 

Next up, dropped to 185 and did 3 sets of 10 front squat at this weight. This really felt fine. Didn't rest much between sets, maybe 4-5 mins. Form was good, really felt these in my back. I have never done this kind of volume at this weight, so that's pretty damn good! 


Finally, did 3 sets of hollow rocks. 

So, overall, good workout! Part of me wanted to get in some deadlift assistance, but honestly I did quite a bit of squatting, and  those front squats in particular were different and harder than anything I have done in a while! So, just hit the abs hard and called it a day. Feeling really good about training, can't wait to be able to focus even more on it. Lets keep at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment