Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Push press 165

Today was a pretty shitty day.


Started with mowing the lawn. Hey it's nothing crazy, but it's more cardio than sitting.

Next, did a nice warmup, then jumped some rope. I did 10 rounds of 30 jumps, short rest, then 5 rounds of 50 jumps, short rest. I like this for cardio. Keeps the heart rate up and is way more fun/interesting than running. Problem is, it seems a little too easy. But still, it's a good tool to have in the tool box.

Then, decided to do some overhead work. This felt like shit today. Pressed the bar, 75, 95, 115, then 135 x 8 or so, then 155 x 3 hard ass reps and 2 push presses. Then did 165 x 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. This is pretty sad. Recently, I have pressed 155 x sets of 8, and I have STRICT pressed 165 x 5, nevermind push pressed it. But I think it was a combination of not having pressed in a while, not having push pressed in WAY longer, being tired from yesterday, not eating enough, and the heat. So the remedy? Eat a lot today! start pressing overhead a little more. And that's that. I actually don;t know if it's a bad thing that I have been doing so much horizontal pressing... my press has always been way better than my bench, so maybe ignoring it a little isn;t bad. I think I will try to use more push pressing and stuff as assistance, however.

So, not a great day, but no worries. Lets keep at it.

2 comments:

  1. I understand man. Pressing is one of those movements that suddenly feels heavy if you ignore it for a short spell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah it was a nasty day. Felt way heavier than it should have. Gotta try and add it in a little more often, just to keep the groove greased.

      Delete