Sunday, February 24, 2013

First time Snatching: 185

Yesterday was my first time ever snatching, and it was really fun. My original plan was just to go in and teach myself to snatch, do a bunch of singles at like 85 lbs, and then move up to like 125 and do a bunch of clean n jerk singles to work on good form. However, learning to snatch actually went far better than I had even hoped, and since I did a heavy Clean and Jerk a few weeks ago and had an idea where that lift was at, I decided to work up heavy with my snatch. And it went incredibly well. Hit 85 for a slew of reps, then 105 for a few, 125 for a few, 145 for a double, and then nailed 165. 175 I hit, but when I stood it up lost my balance at the top and dumped it (i.e. it wouldn't have counted in competition), but I KNEW I had more in me so I went up to 185. I missed the first attempt (bar was just a little forward in the bottom), but made the second with a LOT of wobble at the top, and then also made a third, which I got on video. Overall, I think it looks really good. I need to work on balance, and being stable as I stand it up and stuff. AND, my biggest weakness is definitely pulling myself under the bar. I can pull the weight pretty freakin high, but I'm slow under right now. However, I think with a little work, some coaching from Josh, and time to get stronger I will improve VERY quickly with both my snatch and Clean and Jerk. I'm having a blast working on them, and I'm excited to see where I am in 6 months and a year. So the official start point IS

Snatch: 185 (84 kilos)

Clean and Jerk: 235 (106 kilos)

Not bad, for a complete beginner. Here's the snatch video. Lets keep at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment