Friday, February 8, 2013

Random day: 200 for 15 x 2

Today, there is a big ass snowstorm so my normal gym was all closed down. However, we found a cool crossfit gym nearby that let us train for the day for free. Equipment was different and I had to rush a little, but overall it wasn't a bad workout.


Started with bench. The bench they had was heavily padded, which made it tough to get tight on it. Also, I was moving REALLY fast through my sets.  As a result, I think I was letting the bar settle in/sink in on my chest a little more than ideal. I smashed the 15 sets though.

Next, strict press was the last thing I did. I hit 95 for a set, then 130 x 3, 145 x 3, and 160 for an easy for (decided not to push for 5). Then hit 145 for a solid 7. Unfortunately, I pulled a neck muscle trying to hit 135, so I stopped after 5. My neck is feeling very snapped up right now, but I'm hoping it will feel better very soon. My body just needs to re-adjust to lifting.

Anyways, called it after that. Not a bad workout for all the craziness surrounding it. Hopefully my elbow and neck will feel better very soon. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment