Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Unexpected PR: strict press 190 x 1

Today, I felt like shit all morning and did not want to go into the gym. However, I felt like it would be good to go stretch, SO I bargained with myself. Go in, stretch and do some dumb arm stuff, and I would allow myself to strict press moderately heavy if I was feeling good.


SO, I go in and take forever warming up and stretching, doing some light curls. Once I'm warm I hi the bar for a set, then 95 for like 15 reps. Then, I hit 135 for 8 reps no problem at all. At this point, I'm feeling pretty strong and ballsy, so I jumped up and hit 165 for a triple - not easy, but still felt okay. Went up to 175 and crushed it, then 185 and crushed that too, so finally I threw on 190 and hit it for a great single, pretty fast and smooth. Here's the video


Decided to call it there - after all, I'm maxing in 3 weeks. But I think I will DEFINITELY shoot for 195  three wednesdays from now, and I may even make one attempt after that - hitting 200+ would be amazing. Anyways, had a lot of fun with this today. Can't wait to squat tomorrow, I'm hoping I feel half as good as I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment