Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tough day

Had a tough day squatting today. Took a while to get warmed up, but eventually I found my groove. My speed squats felt really solid at 185 - I've found that if I keep in mind the two cues "Arch Hard" and "Drive through your heels," my form becomes pretty much effortless. After the speed work was done, I started working up heavy, and by keeping those two cues in mind I had some really pretty re[ps at 185, 225, and a nice single at 275. Unfortunately, I just didn't have 315 in me today. I went for it, and was really close to getting it, but ended up having to dump. However, it was a pretty nice rep, I just didn't have the strength today. Which is a bummer, but not as bad as missing because it was sloppy.



After that, I thought I might work up to a heavy triple front squat, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I hit 185 and then kind of said fuck it, dropped the weight to 135 and did one big set of 15, then went upstairs and did come cable crunches to finish out the day.

It's starting to get a little frustrating to be stuck on my squat  a little bit, especially after the crazy progress I made recently, but I just have to keep working hard and know that strength isn't a line, it comes in bursts and waves. If I'm consistent and keep pushing, my squat will make gains again, it's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment