Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Strange press, AMAZING pull day

Today was a very solid day. Benching felt a little off, but pulling especially went really well, and overall it was a great workout.

Warmed up on my benching, and felt pretty good. Work sets went like this:

150 x 5
170 x 3
190 x 3

That third rep at 190 was pretty tough - no chance of missing it, but hard enough that I definitely would not have tried for 4. I'm pretty happy with 3 - that's a new 3 rep max - but I was hoping that that third rep would be a little easier. Still, very good.

Bench pain. OW

Next was my 5 x 10 bench, and this is where I really felt like I was having a tough bench day. I used the same weight as last week, 125, but set up kind of weird on the first set which made that set tough. After than, I was able to make it through the final 4 sets (with 11 reps on the 5th), but they felt MUCH harder than last week. No big deal though, I still pushed through, and hopefully next workout I'll be able to bang it out without much problem and then take the weight up. We will see.

Kroc rows were up next, and these went awesome today. I was gonna use the 75's, but decided to go with the 80's instead... and ended up rowing them for 26 reps each arm. Pretty awesome, considering last week I only got 27 with 10 lbs lighter. I'm loving these so far, I think they are gonna really help my back grow. I'm gonna keep pushing them as heavy as I can, as often as I can.

I want that dumbbell

Overhead pressing was okay, although I was feeling pretty tired by this point and found it hard to make myself do them. However, I pressed the 45's for 14, then the 40's for 9 and the 35's for 9. I definitely prefer doing these as a drop set for higher reps, they felt like they worked a lot better this way.

Finally, Lat pulldowns at 170 were shockingly easy. I'm not sure why, but my pulling muscles were feeling great today. I'll do these again on friday, and if they're easy maybe hit 180 once or twice before returning home for the summer.

Overall, good day. Nothing too special, just a hard workout that I did well on. Looking foreward to a fun arms day manana.

No comments:

Post a Comment