Saturday, April 28, 2012

Heavy day.

Today is heavy day. I didn't sleep well last night cause I had to get up early-ish this morning, so I slept from about 1-1:30 until 8. BUT, I felt alright anyways. Had a big breakfast (cheat has been AMAZING), and a little caffeine, then went to the gym. My body wasn't enjoying moving, I felt achey and creaky, but at the same time my squats felt pretty fluid - my movement was all good, my muscles just didn't like it.

SO I warmed up, hit 225 for 3, then 275 for an okay single, then 295 for a single. It was pretty tough, hard enough that I didn't want to push any heavier, but I decided to take it again for a few more singles. Second rep felt better than the first, and the third rep was hard, but very solid and again, fluid. Pretty happy with all that, that's 90% of 325, and I did it on an iffy day without a belt. Nice.



Even though I want to always squat up to a heavy single Saturdays now, so I'm squatting heavy 3 times a week, I still want to do at least 1 other heavy movement as well when I'm feeling up to it. Today I decided to jerk. I hit 165, 185, and 205 with relative ease. I got 215 as well (my old pr) without much problem, but at that weight I started to get a little sloppy, and my hurt my wrist a little bit, so I decided to just call it there. I tied my PR, and it wasn't worth risking injuring my wrist over a movement I really don't care about. Plus, that 215 was easy enough that I know I can get a PR next time I try, so that's cool. I think i'm gonna start working on doing it from behind the neck one saturday soon, so I can put up even more weight. Go heavy or go home.



So, solid day. Two more things: first, i'm liking the diet so far. Mentally, it's really nice to have a big cheat every week. Physically, I think I am still losing body fat, although it's definitely too early to tell. I'll give it a few more weeks, and then report. Second, realized today that next month, my heaviest overhead press is only 145 again, which is nice. That gives me a full 2 months to work on strength right off the chest from a dead stop, before I have to attempt 150. Should be good, man.

Get ready for some fun workouts starting monday.

Tom Platz says FUCK YEAH

No comments:

Post a Comment