Friday, April 20, 2012

Good Upper Body Day

Felt pretty good going in to the gym today. I figured it would be a hard workout, but not as bad as the 170lbs x 9 x 3, so I was mostly excited.

Warmed up, then worked up to 180 and did my 9 sets of 2, on the minute. It was tough, but (as per usual), got easier after the first set or two. The last rep was hard, but not as hard as the last rep was last week, which is cool. I really love this sort of workout, it's hard but It's so much fun.



Next was overhead press. did 105 x 3, 120 x 3, the 135 for reps (5). I'm pretty happy about that, it's what I got last time I repped out 135, and that was when I was still doing speed bench instead of heavy bench. Then, as I always do, I dropped back to 120 x max reps and 105 for max reps.

I decided to change the pendelay wows up a little today, and did 3 sets to failure at 165 rather than 5 x 5. I think I like them better that way. Got about 12 on the highest set.

Similarly, decided to change up my dumbbell bench as well, doing a drop set instead of 3 sets x max reps at the same weight. I did 60lb dumbbells for 11, then 50's for ten and 40's for ten.

RONNIE STRONG

Then, I finished the day out with the 5 x 10 of lat pulldowns at 160, which were much easier. I think I'll probably take it up to 170 next week.

Overall, it was a pretty awesome day. Squatting my be a little frustrating right now, but at least my bench and overhead press are moving a little, keeping at least some of my workouts really fun. Next week is the last one in this cycle! Lets keep it goin.


No comments:

Post a Comment