Sunday, April 15, 2012

Squat Lockouts



Didn't have time to write a blog yesterday, but i DID have time to go to the gym. I was feeling pretty shitty, and I didn't really want to do anything that was gonna be TOO hard, so instead in decided to go fun and heavy with squat lockouts. I did them from VERY high haha, maybe a quarter squat. At first, I took my stance too narrow, and was using my quads too much, but when my friend Josh pointed this out to me, I figured out how to mimic my squat stance better, and to put the tension in my butt and hamstrings, so by the time I got to the heavier weights i was using all the right muscles. Here's how my sets went.

bar x 3
95 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 3 sets of 1
455 x 3 sets of 1
495 x 5 sets of 1

Overall, these were really fun, and pretty ridiculous - it just makes me laugh to imagine that some people quarter squat, and actually think they can squat whatever stupid weights they put on that bar. By reducing my range of motion, I could move an extra 200 pounds without much problem. The lesson? it's not a squat unless it's to depth fuckers. Still really glad I did these though, helped me feel out what muscles i should be using, and gave me the chance to feel the really heavy weight on my shoulders (felt like my head was gonna pop off).

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

Now I'm just trying to rest up to day, and getting ready to go at it hard tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment