Wednesday, January 16, 2013

JM press and curls

Today was actually a really good arms day. Instead of doing sets to failure, I just worked up to a moderate weight on a couple movements and did 5 sets without pushing to failure. I got a greta pump and a lot of volume in, which was cool.


Started with JM press, with my feet up. I like this for triceps, I definitely got a good pump but it felt more useful than most bodybuilding movements for triceps. I did a couple sets with the bar, then 75, 95, 115, and finally, 135 for 5 sets. Did 10 the first 2, then 8, 8, and pushed to 9 on the last set, with 2 minutes rest between sets. This was great, Not pushing to failure on every set made the workout more enjoyable and more useful I think.

Next, did the same with straight bar curls. warmed up with 15, 35, and 45, then did 55 for 5 sets with 2 minutes rest - 10, 10, 8, 8, 10.

Good little workout. I should have more arms days like this. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment