Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bench 190 x 10 sets of 3

Decent day for bench today, although not great in every other way. I'm having a little bit of a sickness relapse today. Maybe it was staying out late, or eating a lot, or drinking, or just training my ass off yesterday but I just felt very tired and nauseous for a lot of this morning. Did okay benching, but overhead press was rough and I was just tired and feeling like shit, so I called today early.

This picture is fucking awesome

Started with bench. Form felt pretty awesome today. I focused a lot on pulling my back tight.  warmed up with 95 twice, then 135 for a bunch and then straight to 190. The 10 x 3 was cake. Felt pretty good and form was good, I just felt nauseous. Maybe I let the bar rest a little too much on my chest, but no biggie. On the last set hit a really nice 7 and went for 8, but failed it. 7 is pretty good though, I'm happy with that.

Next, 5/3/1 strict press was rough. Hit 95 as a warm up, then 115 x 5, 130 x 5, and 150 x 7. Not terrible, but not very good, 8 or 9 would have been better. But that's alright, it just wasn't on today. Hit 130 x 8, and then 115 x 10. Then called the workout.

Overall, felt like crap, but I got the important stuff done. Gonna rest up and recover, and hopefully be back to smashing weight next week - after all, 3 week is always my favorite. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment