Friday, November 1, 2013

Front squat 325, 335.

Really good day yesterday.

Started with speed squats. Focus was one moving the weight fast and aggressive, and trying to find that PERFECT turnaround point where I sink deep and catch a stretch reflex, but before I sink too low and loosen up or get out of position. I didn't hit it every time, but I think I am getting better at it. Hit the bar x 10, 95 x 8, 135 x 8, 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 2 and then 315 x 2. It was a very solid and fast double. Then, dropped back to 225 and did 3 doubles, with a paused/doublebounce second rep. Felt great.

Rested up, then front squatted to a heavy single! Hit 135 x 4, 185 x 3, and 225 x 2, all with a paused last rep. Went to 275 and hit it for an easy beltless single, so I decided to just go straight to a PR - 325. I nailed it, despite some back rounding it was easy. So, I jumped up to 335! Hit that too - ton of rounding in the back and I came to a full stop for a split second haha but I got it! Really happy with that PR, couldn't have asked for much more than 335.





Finally, 3 x 12 RDL from a deficit with 135.

So, really good day. Big PR. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment