Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bench 255 x 2 x 1.

Tough day today. Just wasn't feeling great, didn't perform great, and I felt like shit afterwards lol. No winning today.

Started with bench. Got nice and warm, got the shoulders warm, and tried to get my head on straight. Hit the bar, and 95, but by the time I hit 135 I realized I just wasn't feeling that great. tried to smash 185 and 225, but even though 225 went up easy, the stability was shit - I pressed it so wonkily that I hit the goddamn hooks on the way back. Loaded up 255, tried to get crazy and get tighter on this set. Hit a really solid single, although it was still a little wonky, then went for the second rep of what I WANTED to be a triple, and failed. I was pretty fuckin pissed, so I took about 2 minutes to be full of hate then went right back and hit it for another hard, but solid single. All things considered, I guess it wasn't a horrible workout. If I had doubled 255, it would have been a 10 lb pr double, and if I had tripled it it would have been a 20 lb PR. Considering I wasn't feeling great, and how horrible I felt after (i.e. clear sign that I need some rest), I'm not too unhappy about it, but I wish I had a better workout.

Dropped back to 155 after and hit it for max reps cgfubp. Hit 23, which is a 4-rep PR but alsoa couple reps less than I wanted.

Hit a lot of pulling after. I haven't been SLACKING, per se, but also haven't been doing the high-rep cable rows that I know work. But today, I hit 4 x 25 with a close grip for 2 sets and a rope for the second two.

Finally, did 3 sets of bar starzzz.

Felt like absolute shit after. Elbows hurt, shoulders hurt, felt exhausted. But hey, now I essentially get 5 days to recover, eat, sleep, get over this sickness, and get as close to 100% for next monday and tuesday. Sure yesterday wasn't a perfect workout, and today was pretty rough. But all that means is I am stopping at exactly the right time. Al I need now is to be FOCUSED on recovery, and I think if I do that right I will DEFINITELY be PRing next week, hopefully SMASHING my goals of 435 and 275. It seems lofty based on the last two workouts, but these workouts were done overtrained, under recovered, and while I'm sick. Imagine how strong I can be at 100% when I am PRing now.

As a side note, I think that setting my goals as high as I have been is a GREAT idea. However, I think I need to set my weights a little lower, so that even when I fall short of my goals I am still hitting 3-4 reps at the lowest, instead of the 1-2 I hit these last couple days. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment