Friday, November 22, 2013

Bench 205 x 5 x 6

Good day today! working on my new bench and it is honestly feeling great, strong, and like I am going to start making some serious gainzzzzz soon.



Warmed up nice, then got to benching. Hit the bar, 95, 135, 185, then went to 205 and the goal was to hit it for 5 sets of 6. It was moving really well, solid, strong, and I felt like I had at least a rep or two in the tank for every set. For the 5th set I decided to rep it out, hit a REALLY solid 8 and then tried for and failed a 9th rep. Still, although I have hit 8 reps at 215, technically 8 is my PR at 205 as well.... and I tied that today after 4 other sets of 6! Not bad.

Next, did a ton of bodyweight pressing. I REALLY suck at dips. Did two sets to failure, which was about 6 reps. I was shaking like a motherfucker too. But I think I will improve at these fast. Then, did 3 sets of pushups. On the first two, I kept jumping my hands out/in every 5 reps or so, to hit all sots of angles. Third set I just repped out regular pushups. Got a nice pump. I think these are going to help me make some SERIOUS gainz.

Next, 100 rep cable rows.

Finally, shitty grip work.

So, feeling great. It's gonna be a long and wild weekend, but I think I'm gonna start making some real progress soon. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment