Monday, November 4, 2013

Bench 185 x 5 x 10, 240 x 1 paused

Really good day last Friday. Got a whole crew together to train, and the energy in the gym was great. 

Started with rep bench. I decided I hit 5 sets of 10 at 185 that day. I thought it would be pretty tough, but it wasn't at all. No problem on any reps or sets, an I paused the final rep of each set too. 

After finishing the high rep stuff, I decided to try and work up to a heavy single paused bench - simply to try and take advantage of the great energy in the gym. Unfortunately, it pretty much felt like shit haha. Weight felt heavy as fuck. However, I still managed to hit 225 for 2 singles, then jump to 240 and smash it, which is a pr paused single. It was easy too - I think, on a day when I feel better and I haven't done 50 + reps beforehand, I'm gonna pr hard. 

After that, mostly just bullshitted. Did some back stuff, some curls, grip stuff, etc. Anyways, good workout, had a lot of fun. Lets keep at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment