Monday, October 7, 2013

Squat 375 x 3, 1

Interesting day today.


Basically, felt good today going into the gym. A little tight and off, which I think is simply due to the fact that I haven't been putting in the time to stretch on the weekends. I've been busy, so its not sheer laziness, but I think this weekend I am really going to try and get in at least 10-15 minutes of stretching on sunday, and hopefully the same saturday as well. Anyways, warmed up a long time and got started squatting. Hi the bar x 10, 135 x 5, 225 x 3, 315 x 1, then jumped straight to 375. Got in the zone, tried to treat it like 135, and hit it. First rep was good, second was good but pretty hard. I knew I had a third, so I focused up and tried to hit it. about halfway up I felt certain I was going to fail, and then something strange happened - without even thinking about it my left hand shot out to the collar, and I was able to finish the rep! I must have just been off balance and my body instinctively did what it needed to to get me back on balance.... and once it did that I could stand the weight up. Obviously form wasn't ideal AT ALL lol, so I decided to end on a better note. After a nice rest, hit it again for a hard but very clean single. So that's pretty good! I'll count it as a triple, which is a 10 lb, 2 rep PR. not bad.

Next, kept the assistance high. Deadlifts, touch n go, from the floor, double overhand. Hit 125 x 15, 185 x 15, and then 235 x 15.

So, good day! I need to do some reps thursday, to work on speed, form, keeping my feet wide and my weight in the right place, etc. Then, I need to stretch this weekend to make sure I can keep good positions monday. But overall, I think I'm gonna hit 400+ no problem next monday. Hopefully, 415 will be in the bag. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment