Friday, October 25, 2013

Bench press 165 x 5 x 15

Good day today. Kept the weight light, did a lot of reps. I feel like I'm on the way to healing and that is good.

Also... weighed in at 237 today. Gonna be 245 before I know it. 

Started with bench. Got warm, then hit the bar, 95, 135, and then went to 165. Hit it for sets of 15, the first 14 BB style - fast reps, higher on the chest, and then the 15th rep I paused, as I would pause a competition bench. Felt good, paused reps didn't feel great, but they were after 14 other reps haha. 5 sets felt good, not cake but not even close to hard. I think I could probably hit 20+ at 165 on a good day without much trouble.

Next, pec flies. I just went up in sets of 15 - 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, and 17.5.

Next, did some dumbell back work - basically sat face-down on an inclined bench at like 45 degrees and rowed dumbells. Don't know exactly what youd call it, but with 25's it actually hit my lats and upper back pretty hard. did 4 sets of 25.

Next, assorted gripwork - some dumbell farmers carries, light deadlift holds DO, etc.

Finally, did some straight arm pulling to make my shoulders feel nice.

Overall, good day. Pretty light and easy, wanna make sure my tender elbows and whatnot feel better for the next ME days, but I felt like ti was also productive - lot of chest and connective tissue work with those reps. I'm excited to go heavy again, and maybe go a little bit harder next friday as well, before backing off that last week in order to PR. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment