Saturday, August 17, 2013

Strict press 185, Push press 190 x 5

Today, Had a decent little workout, although it was quite little.


Started without much warmup, because time was a bit limited. I basically did a set of strict press, then a set of bench over rows, with the same weight in a big pyramid. Hit the bar x 15, 75 x 12, 95 x 10, 115 x 8, then 135 x 6. Then, I had to stop rowing because the hang clean was starting to give me trouble. But I kept pressing, hitting 155 x 4, 165 x 2, 175 x 1 all easy. Then, threw on the belt and hit 185 for a solid single that was a little off balance, but actually quite smooth. Finally, attempted 190 and couldn't get it, so I push pressed it for a set of 5 and that was that.

Overall, pretty sick day! I really didn't expect pressing to go well at all, so I'm pretty happy that I was able to hit a fairly easy 185. In addition, all the light weights felt like I could have done quite a few more reps - 135 x 10 or 165 x 3 + for example. Wish I had rowed more, but hey at least I got SOME extra reps in there. I'll try and be a little better with the back work next week. Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment