Thursday, August 29, 2013

Squat: Huge pyramid up to 365 x 1, Front squat 285 x 2

Really good day today. If I have any complaints, it's that a little more focus would have resulted in a more efficient workout, with better form on every lift. However, overall it was a pretty sick day.

Got nice and warm, and paid special attention to getting my calves and ankles all warmed up. its a slow process, but I seem to be slowly remedying my ankle issue. Anyways, worked with the colored plates in my gym today, which meant I was jumping up in intervals of 40, so I decided to just basically do a huge pyramid - so I would hit a heavy single, but also a ton of really fast, clean warm-up reps. So started with the bar for however many, then did this - 85 x 15, 125 x 13, 165 x 11, 205 x 9, 245 x 7, 285 x 5, 325 x 3, 365 x 1.

Pretty happy with that! hitting 365 x 1 is pretty good period, nevermind that I did it monday, and nevermind that it was the 64th squat I did. Form wasn't perfect, but it wasn't too bad. The rep could have been cleaner and faster, but hey I made the squat after a TON of volume beforehand, so I can't complain.

After, I really felt good (way better than I had anticipated) and wanted to squat heavy more, so despite earlier plans to do either nothing or higher rep front squats, I worked up heavy with fronts as well. Used the same jumps, but much less volume. Hit 125 x 5, 165 x 3, then 205 x 2, 245 x 2 beltless, then threw on the belt and hit 285 x 2! It was pretty tough, but I didn't think I was gonna fail at any point. I guess that is technically a PR as well, so that's pretty cool - especially considering how tired out my poor legs must have been.

Finally did a slew of back extensions with a 25 lbs plate - 10, 10, 15, and finally 20 reps. s

So, great workout. Back squat is coming along (clearly), Front squat is also strong, and I'm building that back up! Can't wait to start hitting some real squat pr's soon, hopefully monday will be the day! Lets keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment