Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Barbell Complex and Sprint Couplet

Did something a little different for my lifting/cardio day today. Invented a little barbell complex with quite a few moves in it: deadlift to the knees, deadlift, power clean, paused front squat, push press, and push jerk. Then, coupled that with a high-intensity sprint of about 25 meters with a short running start (probably 40 meters total). 

I started with the weight at 135 and did 6 rounds: one at 135, 145, 155, 165, 175 and 185, sprinted after each round, and then rested about 2-3 mins while I walked back, changed weight, etc. Overall, took a little over 20 minutes to complete all rounds. Felt really good! form on the cleans is a little shitty cause I'm not used to them, but I managed to powerclean 185 without much problem. Push presses were pretty easy, which was a pleasant surprise. I did forget to pause front squat the 135 haha, but aside from that, creaky knees and being a little slow, those were easy. And sprinting felt really good! It was quite nice to run hard, feels good to move like that. Makes you feel powerful. I definitely need to be sprinting more. 

Overall, good workout. Feeling sore and tired, but I'm gonna rest and eat up and get pumped for some more squats tomorrow! Gonna smash it. Lets keep at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment