Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Wasteland


Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead,
Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep seas swell
And the profit and loss.
                          A current under sea 315
Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell
He passed the stages of his age and youth
Entering the whirlpool.
                          Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, 320
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.



T.S. Eliot, from "The Wasteland

Today was a pretty solid day. Speedwork at 165 off a box was solid. Did two doubles with 265 - the one without the belt was solid, hard work but no problem really. Once I slapped the belt on it was cake though, hit an easy two, could have definitely pushed to three or maybe even four. That's for next week though. 5 x 8 good mornings were very exhausting, but more mentally hard than physically. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.

Also, my upper left back is all snapped up for some reason. I think I was sitting with bad posture the other day or something, because it was bothering me yesterday, but today it's worse. It hurts to breathe in deep - not good on a heavy squat day. but I rolled it out with the lacrosse ball, hopefully it'll be better by monday.


Who doesn't love a good, heavy squat day? Assholes, that's who

No comments:

Post a Comment