Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rest Day: elbow rehab

I have terrible elbow tendonitis. Or tendonosis. One of those fuckers. Anyway, I think it's a genetic problem, as both my parents have it, and it sucks. I was terrible at pullups, so I started doing them 4 times a week... and then, right when that was starting to work, my tendons started snappin up and causing me a ton of pain. So I started taking way to many ibuprofun, which is never a good solution.

Point is, now I stopped taking drugs, and I need to rehab my elbows a few times a week to keep them from killing me. I found preacher curls work really well for me: I started out going really light, for ton of reps. Now that the elbows are a little better, I warm up, do a few heavier sets, and then drop the weight down a bunch of times, doing sets of ten or 15, to keep my total volume really high. It's a nice way to train my biceps a little extra as well - cause I powerlift, I don't really pay too much attention to my biceps specifically, but curls can be fun (which is why every fucking person in the gym does them), and Jim Wendler himself says that undertrained biceps can fuck up your bench... so maybe the curls will finally help me fucking break this pr. Here is what today looked like.

5 lb dumbell curls x 20
7.5 lb dumbell curls x 15
10  x 10
25 x 10
25 x 9
25 x 7
20 x 10
15 x 10
10 x 10
5 x 20

Not quite like this, but you get the idea.

My elbows feel great. I'm hoping I can keep pushing the weight up on these every month or so, and eventually be curling for rehab what most skinny motherfuckers do work sets with. We will see. If your elbows are fucked up, give this a try. worked great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment