Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Precursor to arm day?

Rest day today, which means curls and pushups - Both of which I am steadily getting better at. Did three sets of 12 preacher curls with the 25's today, and three sets of pushups to failure - the first, right out of bed with no warmup, was thirty, and the other two bookended my sets of curls: both were 35.

I'm thinking that I will keep my rehab workouts just like this for the next few months, going heavier on Wednesday and Saturday, and lighter with more reps on Sunday. Soon, I hope to get to a point where I'm consistently hitting 50 reps when I do those max sets of pushups, and I'm doing sets of 10 or more preacher curls with 35+ lbs. Obviously, that will take a few months, but once I get there, I'm going to gradually change Wed and Sat from rest/rehab days to arm days. That should be fun, help me get huger, and hopefully even help with my strength on pull-ups and bench.

Because who doesn't want arms like that? 

1 comment: